To apply for employment at United Way of Santa Fe County, please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed UWSFC application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the application must be downloaded to your electronic device, prior to filling out the form.
||On-Call Substitute Teacher
||Early Learning Center at Aspen
||Dependent on education and experience
||Health and Dental insurance, PTO, Holidays, Life Insurance, Flexible Savings Account
The Substitute Teacher and Childcare Provider is responsible for providing on-call program support in the event of a staff absence or as additional program support. The Substitute and Childcare Provider reports for duty on time and performs quality classroom supervision, instruction and teacher and program assistance. The Substitute and Childcare Provider complies with program policies and disciplinary standards. There are no guaranteed hours of work.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Teach and/or care for children on an as-needed basis; classes are held on weekdays during daytime and early evening hours, and occasionally weekends
- Ensure that all CYFD regulations for childcare, including those pertaining to health and safety, are met for each child at all times including knowledge of and participation in emergency evacuation procedures
- Follow program, discipline, and confidentiality policies and procedures for SFCP and FFN programs
- Participate in substitute orientation and other mandatory training that may be held outside regular working hours (evenings/weekends) as scheduled
- Arrive on time and perform classroom and/or childcare preparation as instructed by supervisor
- Participate with program and teaching staff to coordinate classroom and childcare activities
- Supervise snack and other activities
- Assist other teachers and program staff as needed
- Exhibit professionalism, tact and patience when communicating with children, families, employees, and staff at all levels of the organization
- Collect children’s attendance and other data
- Maintain a neat and clean office and classroom
- Make sure books, materials, and supplies are used appropriately and are properly put away each day
- Perform other duties as assigned by program supervisors
- Minimum of high school diploma/GED and one year of experience working with children in groups
- Availability from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Prefer experience and/or education in early childhood or elementary education, lesson planning, and/or enrichment activity planning
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to work well in culturally diverse setting and knowledge of local population served, to include elementary-school aged children and families representing a wide range of socio-economic and risk factors
- Ability to pass a mandatory background clearance required of all childcare workers in the State of New Mexico
- CPR certified preferred
- Works sensitively with the children, families, and teacher at the program site
- Communicates clearly and accurately, orally and in writing
- Functions effectively and cooperatively as a team member
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, drive, sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift 40 pounds. Environmental stress may occur. The employee may be exposed to chemicals, pesticides or other agents used at the school facility. There is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate to loud.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of UWSFC to provide equal employment opportunity for all job applicants and employees in full compliance with the relevant statutes, executive orders, and regulations. There shall be no discrimination or harassment at UWSFC on the basis of race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental handicap or disability, serious medical condition, veteran’s status, or spousal affiliation.